If you have specific health problems then you may wish to discuss these beforehand. If you have serious health issues then you may benefit from more intensive treatments.
Kambo can be taken as a single or double treatment or as an intensive treatment which is three treatments in three hours. The more treatments you have, the deeper this medicine goes but everyone will benefit from a single session.
In the Brazilian Caboclo tradition, Kambo is also taken as a vaccine and is administered as 3 treatments over one moon cycle.
All first time users will be tested for sensitivity before treatments. Your reaction along with the practitioners experience, intuition and connection with the spirit of the medicine will determine the eventual number of points you receive. There is no set number – everyone is treated individually.
Before the ceremony:
- Don’t drink any alcohol 48 hours prior.
- Fast for 10 hours before the start of the circle. I recommend to have a light vegetarian dinner on evening prior ceremony and don’t eat anything else afterwards (including any drugs or supplements). -> Do not fast longer than 12 hours, it is good to have energy for the ceremony.
- It is important to not drink much water prior the start of the circle in the morning. You will be asked to drink 2l of water when it’s the right time during the session.
- For a ceremony wear comfortable clothing, layers are best and remove tight or restrictive jewellery beforehand.
- Please bring a cushion, blanket or shawl for resting afterwards.